Grafica News - December 2013
What’s in a ‘non-woven bag’ printing?
Non-woven bag printing is his passion which is evident from the heap of colourful non-woven bags ready for dispatch at his printing factory. Meet Bhadresh Sheth of Vapi-based Planet Non-Woven.
With a smiling face Bhadresh shares the secret of non-woven bag making which includes screen printing. Bhadresh who was supplying stickers to Gujarat market set up a non-woven bag making unit at Vapi in Gujarat state.
The company supplies bags to: Temples and religious institutions, Jewelry shops, Cloth / garment shops, Shopping malls, Mobile / electronics shops, Cement companies, Hotels / restaurants, Laundry chains, Sweet shops, wedding bags, wine shops, Corporate, FMCGs, Manufacturers, dealer, traders, and even events and mega exhibitions in New Delhi wherein visitors are given away handouts and booklets in a nonwoven bag.
Why did you go for automation? What is the impact of automation?
- Manual screen printing is pathetically slow: When we had 2 tables we could print only 1500 bags per shift. With Nano- Print screen printing machine we print about 3000 bags per shift.
- Unacceptable quality of prints leading to high rate of rejection. Now with Nano-Print, there is hardly any rejection.
- Staffs work with joy and comfort. With manual printing, they used to get pain on shoulders when there was pressure for delivery.
What type of non-woven bags you make?
We make both plain and printed bags with sizes ranging from 10” x 14” to 14” x 19”
Why screen printed nonwoven bags are preferred?
It is of course convenient to print multi colour/ halftone on automatic flexo machines, provided there is bulk order. However, our diverse customers prefer screen printed non-woven bags simply because there is some quality difference. Screen printing is economical for short run orders. With screen printing it is possible to reproduce vibrant colors with sharpness in their text, logos, etc.
What goes into a non-woven bag making?
- Purpose of bag: Branding (give away) or shopping/carry bag.
- Content/goods to be carried.
- Weight bearing capacity as per purpose. We make bags right from 1 kg for kirana, grocery shops, cloth/garment shops. Weight-bearing is decided as per goods to be carried, e.g. Cloth, grains, vegetable/fruits, Sweets box, Jewellery, paper (Photocopy shops/stationery shops).
- Thickness in micron: We make bags in the range of 45 to 120 micron and 60 micron is used for regular jobs.
- Choice of colour: Dark colors are mostly preferred by corporate. We offer in almost 12 different colours such as white, red, pink, blue, green, orange, black, etc.
- Color of ink: This is again crucial. It has to be decided based on colour of fabric.
- Fabric available: In roll form or duly cut sheets.
- Choice of Handle shape –D-cut, stitched handle.
- Shape of bag (design)
- Printed / plan
- We source non-woven sheets in roll form which is cut into required size for printing, before stitching.
What’s the key to your success?
Customer satisfaction! When customers walk in for custom made bags, meant for specific occasion/branding, they expect sharper prints of text and logos. We have to make it very special looking.